Instructions for Use
1. Place pot on a dry, flat, nonslip surface. Hold handle firmly, then pull the plunger straight up and out of the pot.
2. For each 1.25-deciliter/4-ounce cup, put 1 rounded tablespoon or 1 Bodum scoop of coarse-ground coffee into the pot.
Caution: Use only coarse-ground coffee. Fine grind can clog the filter and create high pressure. Place coffee maker on a heatproof, nonslip surface.
3. Pour hot (not boiling) water into the pot. Leave a minimum of 2.5 centimeters/1 inch of space at the top. Stir the brew with a plastic spoon.
Caution: Metal spoons can scratch or chip the glass beaker and cause breakage.
4. Place the plunger unit on top of the pot. Turn lid to close off the pour spout opening. (Does not apply to the Brazil models.) Do not press down. Let the coffee brew for at least 4 minutes.
5. Hold the pot handle firmly, with the spout turned away from you, then using just the weight of your hand, apply slight pressure on top of the knob to lower the plunger straight down into the pot. Lowering the plunger slowly with minimal pressure produces best results. If the filter clogs or it becomes difficult to push down the plunger you should remove the plunger from the pot, stir the brew, and then slowly plunge again.
WARNING: Using excessive force can cause scalding liquid to shoot out of the pot.
6. Turn the lid to open the pour spout and then pour coffee.
7. Unscrew the filter assembly and clean the plunger unit after each use. All parts are dishwasher-safe.
Includes a polished wood collar with leather tie Selected by the Illinois Institute of Technology...
Durable paper design Fits all Chemex coffee makers except CM-1, CM-1C, CM-1GH The Chemex filter...
These paper filters are great with Hario V60 Drip Brewers (#02 size) for rich, full...